Water Level Monitoring System
The development team at SAPHI developed a custom, solar powered water level monitoring system using Arduinos. The IoT water level monitoring sensor system was designed to support utilities and our farming communities to better manage their water.
What Was The Problem?
Living in such an arid environment here in Australia, we understand all to well the importance of protecting our water. A busted pipe or a slow leak can be devastating to our communities and with reports showing losses of around 30 BILLION litres of water each year due to leaks, our country is suffering the effects of poor water monitoring.
What Was The Solution?
SAPHI created a smart water level monitoring system using Arduinos to monitor water levels in a range of environments in real-time.
The system was paired with a custom web app for users to remotely monitor their water and receive notifications when unforeseen changes to the water levels occur.
The smart IoT water level monitoring system is a great example of SAPHI’s expertise in asset monitoring and management. With our custom software, our team programmed the latest in sensor technology into a fully integrated system to collect water level data, communicate it to the cloud and feed it into a custom web page, enabling the user to have complete control of the system at all times.
Additionally, SAPHI implemented a SMART alarm system that would trigger when water levels falling below configurable volumes, allowing the user to take quick action to protect their arguably most precious resource.
What Were The Outcomes?
- Hours of saved time through manual checking of water levels
- Improved decision making
- Thousands of litres of water saved
- Improved infrastructure maintenance
What Skills Did SAPHI Use To Implement The Solution?
SAPHI leveraged its expertise in both hardware and software to develop this water level monitoring system, including:
- Low-level embedded code for reading sonar and temperature sensors that pushed information to a database
- Database design and implementation so the IoT water level sensor data could be accessed via the web front-end and individual sensors could be assigned to specific user accounts
- API development so the devices could be configured from the web front end
- Front end development of the smart farm user portal
- Design of the solar battery system to ensure the system would run for at least 2 days without sunlight.
What Support Did SAPHI Offer After Completion?
SAPHI provides customised packages to support the full system development life cycle and implementation of upgrades to support the evolving needs of our clients and their customers.
Do You Have A Similar Need?
Reach out to our friendly team today for a free consultation about your unique project.