Can Bus Vehicle System
Our team at SAPHI developed an industrial CAN bus vehicle system that extracts data from mining assets for integration into a predictive analytics system.
What Was The Problem?
BHP was having difficulty managing and tracking the health of its assets. They needed a way to predict failures before they occurred in order to extend the life of their assets.
To move forward with the implementation of the predictive analytics system, BHP first needed a way to extract data from their mining equipment and feed it into their system.
What Was The Solution?
SAPHI designed and developed an industrial CAN bus vehicle sniffer system that enabled BHP to quickly and efficiently extract the data from its mining equipment and have it integrated into their predictive analytics system.
What Were The Outcomes?
- Access to data needed to detect faults up to 1 week in advance
- Improved asset utilisation
- Significant reduction in down-time of assets
What Skills Did SAPHI Use To Implement The Solution?
SAPHI leveraged its expertise in both hardware and software to develop this CAN bus vehicle sniffer system technology, including:
- ARM Linux setup and configuration
- Remote SSH Monitoring over 4G Network
- TMUX and Bash Scripting
- can-utils library used for logging CAN packets
- Electrical wiring for integrating Single board computer to Industrial CAN network (j1939 is the protocol)
What Support Did SAPHI Offer After Completion?
For all projects, SAPHI provides 12 months of free on-going support and maintenance for all in-scope items to reduce risk for clients and ensure a smooth transition of asset ownership.
Do You Have A Similar Need?
Reach out to our friendly team today for a free consultation about your unique project.